Thursday, March 31, 2011

Learning about Similies

This week we have been learning about similies.  A similie is a comparison between two things using 'like' or 'as'.  We are learning to use similies in our writing to make our stories more interesting for our audience.  We wrote some poems using similies.  Here are a few to share:

                              My Smile
My smile is as big as a piece of cucumber.
My smile is as big as a piece of apple.
My smile is as big as a shiny crescent moon.
My smile is as big as an elephant’s trunk.
My smile is as big as a super big curly wave.
My smile is as big as a long, slimy, scaly snake.
My smile is as big as two furry bats wings stuck together.
My smile is as big as a bent sky tower.

By ET


My Incredible Tremendous Special Smile 

My smile is like the wind pushing the trees and it sounds like this, “swish, swish, swish.”
My smile looks like a colourful butterfly.
My smile is like a poisonous snake slithering across the jungle.
My smile is as bright as the sun.
My smile is as happy as it could ever be.
My smile is like the shape of half a heart facing towards the sun.

By BW

No comments: